Bio points will be developed in HGH as we go;
now a brief growing list:
- Early modern hang gliding leader. Otto Member, S-SA.
- Contributor to S-SA's Low & Slow content
- Pliable Moose Delta Wing (Region 5, USHGA) of Wichita, Kansas, a former
hang glider manufacturing company
- Thermal Shark, hang glider.
- President of the Foundation for the Advancement of Micrometeorological
- Fixed wing aircraft
- Microlift sailplanes
- Turbine aircraft
- Current flying activities center solely around
various classes of sailplanes.
- His achievements in natural
flight have been recognized and awarded by the Soaring Society of America, the
National Aeronautic Association, the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum,
and the Federation Aeronautique Internationale.
- He held at one time more general-category world records in gliders than
anyone. As happens, others broke some of those records.
- He has been growing an intuitive feel for microlift opportunities in the
atmosphere, coining several terms
we are beginning to use.
- Carbon Dragon
exploration of WR-applicable
meteorology. Explore also: gGOz1
founded a world-record encampment and coordinating a commission to map in 2001
a gem ---a summary showcase
[Robert Franklin, artist and hang glider from Hawaii, produced
this high quality map--raising the bar for illustrating hang glider flights!
Thank you, Robert!]--of world records in one sector of the
world that he identified for the hang gliding community:
"I really enjoyed founding and now managing
this annual event. It allows me
the opportunity to coach and teach some of the things I've learned- allowing
pilots from all over the world to excel in their efforts."
- Why Zapata,
- Gary Osoba on Flying
- Sparrowhawk sailplane
--but FAR 103 ultralight...
(rough notes: June 2002 flying.
in this famous anthology.