Questions inviting answers.
Open questions that might be the core of research for masters or doctoral
(not yet comprehensive)
- How might kites capture the energy in large mountain lee rotors for
- How might flexible ribbon rotors be operated without using tip or
- How might inflated reefable rotors perform in kite systems?
- How might fluttering clothes of aeronaut hang glider be both
solar-radiation collector converters to electricity as well as
dynamically generating electricity to be used to extend soaring flight?
That is, there is flutter in the hang lines and clothes of the hang
glider kite pilot; use that flutter to generate electricity; also the
very material surface is a potential solar-textile electricity maker.
Two methods of getting electricity from one object as that object
flutters and is exposed to light! Aim to perfect such with low-mass
costing...or by full double-purposing of structure, let the mass cost
for the electricity be zero. Of course, get the flutter out
of the clothes and hang lines would result in better soaring and less
need to sustain flight by electricity!
- Any and all masters theses and doctoral dissertations related to
kite power are sought.
- Masters theses and doctoral dissertations that are presently in the
making are of interest; please send information of your works and
interests to Editor@UpperWindpower.com
Suspect departments: physics, mathematics, engineering, atmospheric
sciences, robotics, alternative energy, aeronautical engineering,
- Anticipated leak rate for kytoons made of arriving nanotech-material
- How to score or rate proposed kite energy schemes? What
counts? How to weigh costs? What is the actual cost of the energy (COE)
from a scheme?
- How much might be learned from scale contests?
- June 1999:
[ TOP ]