- Former editor of Soaring, magazine of Soaring Society of
- Bamboo Butterfly, George Uveges, Dockweiler Beach hang
- Without Visible Means of Support, 1967, free-flight two-kite
coupled set into free-flight; inspired the furthered meditation on the
system by Joe Faust, evidenced in Low & Slow and Hang Glider;
such tech was later visited for AWE by Joe Faust, Wayne German, Dave
Santos, and Dale C. Kramer. The AWECS versions involve full air-only as
well as air-water hybrids for energy mining and for travel. Uncontrolled
versions have been flown without energy mining. Hybrids begin to be seen
in powerkiting with the "lower-kite" being the complex of human-board.
Dale C. Kramer has been planning manned travel with the free
coupled-two-kite version using two ultralights or two sailplanes.
Joe Faust is proposing that NASA help develop the technology for
effecting the AWECS of such coupled-two-kite flying.
- Low, Slow, and Out-of-Control six issues
- Contract with Joe Faust and Low & Slow
- Dynamic soaring
- Guru of the 1960s hang gliding renaissance. His attention brought an
interface with Barry Hill Palmer.
- His Conduit Condor flying-wing non-kite hang glider (since no
tether, thus not paraglider) was the best performing hang glider at the
May 23, 1971, game-changing meet.
Otto Lilienthal Hang Glider Meet,
May 23, 1971